指环王中双塔奇兵的一段话

Frodo: I can’t do this, Sam.

佛罗多:我办不到,山姆。

Sam: I know. It’s all wrong. By rights, we shouldn’t even be here.

山姆:我知道,这不公平。我们根本就不该来,

But we are. It’s like in the great stories, Mr. Frodo.

但是我们来了。这就像我们听过的精彩故事,佛罗多先生。

The ones that really mattered.

描述伟大的事迹。

Full of darkness and danger they were.

充满了黑暗和危险。

And sometimes you didn’t want to know the end because how could the end be happy?

有时候你不想知道结局....因为怎么可能有快乐结局?

How could the world go back to the way it was when so much bad had happened?

发生了这么多可怕的事,这世界怎么可能回到从前?

But in the end, it’s only a passing thing this shadow.

但是最后,阴影终究会过去.

Even darkness must pass.A new day will come.

就连黑暗也会消失.崭新的一天将会来临.

And when the sun shines, it will shine out the clearer.

太阳也会散发更明亮的光芒.

Those were the stories that stayed with you that meant something.

这才是让人永生难忘..有意义的感人故事.

Even if you were too small to understand why.

就算你太年轻不明白为什么.

But I think, Mr. Frodo, I do understand. I know now.

但是我想我明白了,佛罗多先生,我现在明白了.

Fold in those stories had lots of chances of turning back,

故事的主角,有很多机会放弃,

only they didn’t.

但他们并没有.

They kept going because they were holding on to something.

他们决定勇往直前..因为他们抱着一种信念.

Frodo: What are we holding on to Sam?

佛罗多:我们抱着什么信念,山姆?

Sam: There is some good in this world, Mr. Frodo.

山姆:这世上一定存在着善良,佛罗多先生.

And it’s worth fighting for.

值得我们奋战到底.